Friday, October 21, 2011

Pity Party of One

Lately I've been having a pity party of one. We originally hoped to fly out to meet Elvira the first week in November, but due to circumstances outside our control, it's going to be at least a week later. I realize a week's difference may not seem like much, but it is to me. It means we will miss Elvira's second birthday.

When we got our initial travel date, I was sooo excited that we would get be there for her birthday. I wanted to bring her a cake, presents, and stickers for her friends at the orphanage. So when I realized we would miss her big day, I couldn't help but be disappointed. So I threw myself a pity party and cried it out.

As my sweet sister pointed out, there's no reason why we can't do the cake and presents a week later, and Elvira is probably too young to notice the difference. So I'm just going to trust in God that we will be there when the time is right and not one minute sooner or later.

A note on our fundraising: No, we have not received over $10,000 in contributions. I'm including $10,000 in tax credit money that we hope to receive. It depends on whether Congress changes the adoption tax laws for 2012, so it is not guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment