Sunday, October 30, 2011

We have plane tickets!

We are so excited to be traveling in November! Please pray that our dossier is accepted because our visas expire at the end of November. This past week was incredibly stressful trying to get everything done in time. At one point, I was rushing to get to the agency office to get necessary signatures before the director had to leave for the day. I was exactly half an hour away, and she was leaving in half an hour. I thought my heart was going to pound out of my chest, and I did a lot of praying, begging, and pleading to God that I would get there in time. I was so thankful to make it there just in time!

The reason for our urgency is our little girl is severely malnourished, and we're very concerned about her health and emotional well being. Also, if we don't travel by the end of November, our visas will expire. The sooner we can get to Russia, the better.

We have been blessed to have family visiting for the past few days - Ryan's mom and his grandma Selma. They have been a welcome diversion from the stress of last week. We had a fun trip to a local pumpkin patch yesterday. At one point I thought they'd have to send in a search party to get us and the kids out of the corn maze, but we eventually made it out with both children accounted for.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to post pics of us at the pumpkin patch. I've never posted pics on my blog before, so hopefully I can figure it out!

Marj

2 comments: